Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The upgrades to the Patriot Center


When I went to the Homecoming game at the Patriot Center on Saturday, I noticed for the first time a new scoreboard and 15 LCD screens surrounding the arena. To my knowledge, in my research, the scoreboard weighs the same amount as the old one did, but it has more features like player fouls and individual points. I also noticed the end-zone LCD screens which was great because you could see a player’s profile picture and stats. I also found out during the homecoming game that they are going to put up 10 High Definition TV’s on the concourse, so that should be a bonus for the fan experience.

I think these improvements are good, but there are still many issues that need to be addressed in the Patriot Center. First, we need to replace the seats that are there now with some new seats. They need to find a better way to entertain fans who pay season tickets. They also need to repaint the stairs in the arena, and the section numbers, too.

I hope these improvements that have happened already, and the ones I’m hoping for, keep the Patriot Center thriving, and make the experience better for players, staff, concert goers and everybody who visits the Center. The University needs to think about the future of the Patriot Center: do they want to do an addition? Do they want to rebuild? Either way, we need to make sure that the Patriot Center is an updated, comfortable venue so that fans and players want to participate in Mason Sports.

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully someone will give a big financial gift to the school so more improvements can be made. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete