Tuesday, February 28, 2012

2012 CAA Men's Basketball Tournamnet opening rounds


This Friday is the start of the CAA Men’s Basketball Tournament at the Richmond Coliseum.  I want to preview the Friday and Saturday games.  Here are pick games being play on Friday March 2,2012: First is #8 James Madison (12-19) vs. #9 UNCW (9-20). I think that UNCW will put off the upset win here because they have played well against the higher rank CAA teams this year and almost won.  The next game is #5 Delaware(17-12) vs.  #12 Towson(1-30), I think this match is the easiest one to predict because Towson is 1-30. Enough said. #7 Northeastern (13-6) vs. #10 William and Mary (6-25): I believe that Northeastern has this one because they are around better team this season. The last game on Friday is  #6 Georgia State (20-10) vs. #11 Hofstra (10-21), I predict that Georgia State will breeze thought Hofstra, because George State in recent years has done well in the opening  round of  the tournament.

On Saturday the CAA Men’s Basketball Tournament resumes with #9 UNCW (10-20) vs. #1 Drexel (25-5) and I predict that Drexel will wipe the floor with the Seahawks. The next game will have #4 Old Dominion (19-12) vs. #5 Delaware (18-12), there is another possible of an upset here but I pick Old Dominion to win this match up.  At six pm is the #2 VCU(25-6) vs. #7 Northeastern( 14-16). This game is going to be close but with VCU’s great defense, I predict VCU to win. Then to close out the action packed Saturday you have #3 George Mason (23-8) vs. #6 Georgia State (21-10).  I predict that George Mason will win this game but hopefully will not turn the ball too much and it they get lead, do not let Georgia State get back into the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment