Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My Reflection on Interning at CAA Men’s Basketball Championship


This past weekend, I had the opportunity to intern for the Colonial Athletic Association for their Men’s Basketball Championship. I was a part of the Marketing Team with six other intern. We were responsible for getting the halftime and post games stats to fans in the coaches box and to other officials, selling t-shirts, putting up signs , helping with halftime shows, taking tickets to will call, prepare for press-conference, helping point out unruly fans, other important duties.

 There were many advantages to work with the CAA during the tournament. For example I was entitled to free admission to the games, I had an all-access pass to the Richmond Coliseum, and I also got free parking, free catered food, and was able to talk to media and all the CAA Athletic Director.  Another advantage of working for the CAA during tournament it the great opportunity to network with sports media professionals. I also enjoyed seeing and supporting the three senior players for Mason in their finals games in the conference. Overall this mini internship was great to build many new relationships in the sports community and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to get some experience in sports marketing or sports communication.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great opportunity! I think its great to get your foot in the door and get in some good networking, plus all the free perks sound good too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cool. Talking to the ADs must have been very interesting. With those three seniors, gone I'll be looking forward to a fresh start with Mason basketball and hopefully Hewitt fairs better with an entire season under his belt.

      Delete